Town of Buxton Charter Commission 2009
The Buxton Charter Commission is reviewing the current charter, which is available on the town website, www.buxton.me.us, and at the Town Hall. We would like you to help in providing data for our process. Please take a few moments to complete this survey. If you need more room to explain please use the back of the sheet. Participation is voluntary and anonymous, if you so choose. Please return the survey to the Town Hall, a survey box will be available in the lobby, or mail to: The Town of Buxton, Attn: Charter Commission, 185 Portland Rd, Buxton, ME 04093. Thank you in advance for your time.
Please return the survey by December 1, 2009.
1) How long have you lived in the Town of Buxton? 0-5yrs 6-10yrs 11+yrs
2) Are you now or have you been, in the past 10 years, employed by the Town of Buxton? YES NO
3) Do you now or have you ever served on a Board or Committee for the Town of Buxton? YES NO
4) Do you feel that the selectmen are accessible to you when needed?
5) Is the present Selectmen/Town Meeting form of Government adequate in governing the Town? YES NO
6) What aspects about our current form of government do you feel work well and should be preserved and maintained?
7) What aspects about our current form of government would you like to see changed?
8) What changes, if any, to the current Charter would you like to see?
9) How would you rate the services as of now: Good (1 2 3 4 5) Poor
• Public Works 1 2 3 4 5 • Police Department 1 2 3 4 5
• Fire/Rescue 1 2 3 4 5 • Transfer Station 1 2 3 4 5
• Town Hall Employees 1 2 3 4 5 • Recreation Department 1 2 3 4 5
• Code Enforcement 1 2 3 4 5 • Board of Selectmen 1 2 3 4 5
10) Do you attend the Annual Town Meeting? If no please check all that apply. YES NO
• Work obligations • Family obligations
• Weather • Uncomfortable with Debate/ Public Speaking
• Feel that you can’t make a difference • Other (please explain)
General Comment (please use the back):