Planning Board Members Present: Keith Emery, Dennis Santolucito, Cullen Ryan, Wanda Emery, Barbara Elwell and David Anderson.
Planning Board Members Absent:
Others Present: Fred Farnham, John Toothaker and Dena Flewelling.
Chairman Keith Emery called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Discussion of site walk for Rebecca & Duane Withey of 15 Pine Country Manor have submitted an application to amend Pine Country Manor Subdivision by dividing their lot to create another house lot; Tax Map 9, Lot 1-10.
John Toothaker, representing Mr. & Mrs. Withey, showed Dennis and Barbara the flagged wet areas and test pits at the site walk. An engineer will determine whether a culvert is needed in the wetland area. Barbara commented that the wetland was a relatively narrow area and the remaining land was in a high dry area. A complete application will be submitted before the next meeting.
· Motioned by Cullen, seconded by Barbara, to schedule a public hearing for August 14th, the motion passed with a 6 – 0 vote.
Dena & John Flewelling of 16 Quail Trail are requesting a conditional use permit for an in home daycare; Tax Map 3, Lot 45-19.
Mrs. Flewelling has submitted an application to become State certified with no response yet. Waiting for water test results and has made contact with the Fire Marshal for an inspection.
Questions from the Board: David asked if she would be able meet the maximum limit of three trashcans per week and if the existing septic would be able to handle the increased use. Mrs. Flewelling said she would have school age children and would not create a lot of trash and they will pump the septic tank more often. Off street parking will be reviewed at the site walk. David asked if additional “children playing” signage should be posted. Mrs. Flewelling said she intends to restrict the kids from playing in the road and will have a net across the end of her driveway. The designated play area will be behind the house. Barbara said the Town is not responsible for signage. Wanda requested a site plan indicating the parking and play area.
· Motioned by Cullen, seconded by Dennis, to schedule a site walk for August 20th, at 6 pm, the motion passed with a 6 – 0 vote.
CEO Report: On Thursday, June 22 there was a DEP review meeting for the Hannaford project. Shared a copy of the minutes with the Board members.
Approval of Minutes: June 26, 2006
· Motioned by Cullen, seconded by Dennis to approve the minutes as amended. The notion passed with a 5 – 0 - 1, David abstained.
Approval of Bills: no bills
Communications: Maine Townsman, June
Other Business: Election of officers
· Chairman - Cullen motioned for Keith Emery as chair, seconded by Dennis, the motion passed with a 5 – 0 – 1 vote, with Keith abstaining.
· Vice Chairman - Dennis motioned for Cullen Ryan as chair, seconded by Wanda, the motion passed with a 5 – 0 – 1 vote, with Cullen abstaining.
· Treasurer - Wanda motioned for Davis Anderson as chair, seconded by Cullen, the motion passed with a 5 – 0 – 1 vote, with David abstaining.
· Secretary - Barbara motioned for Wanda Emery as chair, seconded by Cullen, the motion passed with a 5 – 0 – 1 vote, with Wanda abstaining.
· Motioned by Cullen, seconded by Dennis to approve the findings for Deloris & George White. The motion passed with a 4 – 0 – 2, with Wanda and David abstaining.
· Motioned by Cullen, seconded by Barbara to approve the findings for Dr. Owen Pickus, Maine Centers for Health Care. The motion passed with a 5 – 0 – 1, with David abstaining.
· Motioned by Cullen, seconded by Wanda to approve the findings for The Town of Buxton Public Works Garage. The motion passed with a 5 – 0 – 1, with David abstaining.
Dennis moved and seconded by Wanda to adjourn at 8:10 p.m., a unanimous vote.
Krystal L. Dyer Approval Date:
Chairperson: ________________________________ Signature Date: ____________