Planning Board Members Present: Keith Emery, Dennis Santolucito, Cullen Ryan, David Anderson and Jeremiah Ross.
Planning Board Members Absent: Barbara Elwell and Wanda Emery,
Others Present: Fred Farnham, Mary Gamage and Doug Boyce – Hannaford, Mary Ann Saxby, Mary MacLeod and Seth Neal.
Chairman Keith Emery called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
Public Hearing continued for Hannaford Bros. Co. who is requesting a conditional use permit for a retail complex located at the intersection of Routes 202 and 4A. The complex includes a 35,685 sq. ft. supermarket/pharmacy store and additional retail out buildings; Tax Map 9, Lot 33 and Map 5 Lot 47B-1.
Mary Gamage requested a workshop to discuss peer review comments on October 2nd. The signage information will be ready this week.
· Motioned by Cullen, seconded by Dave to schedule a workshop for October 2, 2006 at 7:30 p.m. The motion passed with a 5 – 0 vote.
· Motioned by Jere, seconded by Cullen to continue the public hearing to October 9, 2006. The motion passed with a 5 – 0 vote.
Mary MacLeod of Westbrook is requesting a conditional use permit to have horses at 54 Berry Road; Tax Map 6, Lot 29.
MaryAnn Saxby informed the Board that Mary MacLeod has recently purchased 54 Berry Road and wants to have 4 horses. The property includes 4 acres and includes two existing barns. The property is located in the Residential Zone, which requires a conditional use permit to house horses.
· Motioned by Jere, seconded by Cullen to schedule a site walk for Thursday, September 28th at 6 p.m. The motion passed with a 5 – 0 vote.
· Motioned by Jere, seconded by Cullen to schedule a public hearing for October 9th, 2006. The motion passed with a 5 – 0 vote.
CEO Report: none
Approval of Minutes: Not the correct members for quorum
Approval of Bills: Motioned by Dave, seconded by Cullen to pay Portland Press Herald in the amount of $36.55 for the Flewelling legal ad. The motion passed with a 5 – 0 vote.
· Shoreland Zone workshop to bring our shoreland zone ordinance into compliance
Jere requested that SMRPC to review the ordinance to see if Buxton is in compliance with the shoreland requirements. Use free hours to pay for the time.
· A letter from 2004 informing the Board of an air strip on the Saco town line off Lord Road
· Maine Townsman
· BH2M is requesting a second site walk for the Blueberry Ridge Subdivision – contact the Town of Gorham and schedule site walk (new Board members to bring current).
· Contact Sue Schaller for the update on the zoning maps.
The Selectmen are requesting the Planning Board to schedule a public hearing for the requested zone change at the intersection of Groveville Road and Long Plains Road.
· Motioned by Jere, seconded by Dave to schedule a public hearing for October 23, 2006 for the zone change request. The motion passed with a 5 – 0 vote.
· Jere moved and seconded by Cullen to adjourn to a workshop to discuss ordinance changes at 8:12 p.m., a unanimous vote.
Open a Workshop session at 8:12 pm to discuss the following ordinance changes:
1. Acting Fire Chief Gene Harmon is requesting the PVC piping for connector unit of the underground fire tanks, have steel connector pipes. Due to a recent vandalism spree, the plastic connector pipes were broken. The Board recommended changing the information sheets, this does not need to come through as an ordinance change.
2. Limit size (sq. footage) of commercial buildings.
3. Open Space or Common Land
4. Impact fees to pay for a Town Planner
5. Minimum standards for stormwater management for future commercial construction.
6. Junk Yard ordinance
7. Increased salt used on roads – how much goes into groundwater?
The workshop session closed at 9 pm.
Krystal L. Dyer Approval Date:
Chairperson: ________________________________ Signature Date: ____________