Town of Buxton Planning Board
Meeting Minutes of June 11, 2007
Planning Board Members Present: Keith Emery, Cullen Ryan, Jeremiah Ross, Wanda Emery, Barbara Elwell and Dennis Santolucito.
Planning Board Members Absent: David Anderson
Others Present: Alan & Mary Barday, Alma Borelli and Fred Farnham.
Chairman Keith Emery called the meeting to order at 7:31 p.m.
Mary Barday of 264 Dunnell Road is requesting to re-locate her in-home daycare to 264 Groveville Road, Tax Map 7, Lot 101E.
· Motioned by Jere, seconded by Dennis to open the public hearing at 7:32 p.m. The motion passed with a 5 – 0 vote. Cullen had not arrived yet.
Mary Barday updated the Board on the play area being over a septic area. The Department of Human Services states that the outdoor play area shall not be located near hazardous areas, such has busy streets, wells or open water unless protected by natural boundaries or fencing.
Comments from the abutters: Alma Borelli of 265 Groveville Road is fine with the daycare and just wants the children to be safe.
· Motioned by Jere, seconded by Cullen to open the public hearing to relocate Mary Barday’s daycare to 264 Groveville Road. The motion passed with a 5 – 0 vote.
1. All elements and features of the plan and all representations made by the applicant concerning the development and use of the property which appear in the record of the Planning Board proceedings, are condition of approval. No changes from the condition of approval is permitted unless an amended plan is first submitted to and approved by the Planning Board.
2. That the applicant be in compliance with all applicable provisions of Article 8.2.B and 10.
3. That the applicant be in compliance with all applicable provisions of Section 11.
4. All outstanding bills paid before building permit is issued.
5. A five (5) foot fence surrounding the play area.
6. Copy of new state certificate.
7. State Fire Marshall approval.
8. No more than 12 children at any one time.
· Motioned by Cullen, seconded by Jere to find the application in compliance with all applicable provisions of Articles 8.2.B, 10. The motion passed with a 6 – 0 vote.
· Motioned by Cullen, seconded by Dennis to approve the application with conditions stated tonight and from previous meetings. The motion passed with a 6 – 0 vote.
CEO Report: Fred suggested changing the Planning Board Bylaws to consider rotating the officer’s passions annually.
Approval of Minutes:
April 23, 2007
· Motioned by Cullen, seconded by Jere to approve the minutes of April 23, 2007, the Motion passed with a 5 – 0 vote. Wanda abstained.
May 14, 2007
· Motioned by Jere, seconded by Wanda to approve the minutes of April 9, 2007, the Motion passed with a 4 – 0 vote. Barbara and Dennis abstained.
May 29, 2007
· Motioned by Wanda, seconded by Cullen to approve the minutes of May 29, 2007, the Motion passed with a 6 – 0 vote.
Approval of Bills:
· Motioned by Jere, seconded by Wanda to pay Portland Press Herald in the amount of $20.40 for legal ads for Sullivan/Chase cell tower, the motion passed with a 6 - 0 vote
*LD 1810 - email
*Annual meeting for Southern Maine Regional Planning Commission
*Updated budget report
*Custom Built homes – requesting to have individual mail boxed at each home site. A letter will be sent informing the applicant they will have to return to the Planning Board to change the conditions on the plan.
*Review findings for Sullivan/Chase cell tower and the Bond – request for the applicant
to correct page 1 and 2 of the bond from the insurance company and correct the cover
letter by referencing section 11.25J. Then send to the Town’s attorney for approval.
· Cullen motioned to approve the findings of facts for Sullivan/Chase cell tower; the motion was not seconded so the motion does not carry.
*Scoping meeting for MDOT – Keith and Public Works Director Lary Owen attended a
MDOT Scoping meeting for the intersection of Routs 112 and 202 and the to H.A.
Mapes (JD’s store). A discussion of a left hand turn will depend on the future
A proposal plan will
be submitted to the Planning Board after further review.
*Reword and resend the Comprehensive Plan memo to the Selectmen.
· Wanda moved, seconded by Jere to adjourn at 8:12 pm a unanimous vote.
Krystal L. Dyer Approval Date:
Chairperson: ________________________________ Signature Date: ____________