Town of Buxton
Agenda for August 29, 2007 Selectmen’s Meeting
Business Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order.
2. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes.
Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes August 22, 2007.
3. Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. – Anne Robishaw
5:30 p.m. – Chief Graves
4. Review of Correspondence.
· Email from Joyce Kelley, York County Emergency Management – Re: NIMS compliance requirements
· Email from Daniel Walters , Maine Geospatial Liaison – Re: Represents US Geological Survey and interacts with GIS community, consumers and developers
· Email from Joyce Kelley, York County Emergency Management – Re: Workshop Sept. 27, 2007 at Holiday Inn (Saco) – Emergency Preparedness of People with Disabilities. Workshop is free.
5. Review of Projects and Issues.
6. Old Business.
7. New Business.
8. Executive Orders.
E.O.070808031 – That, in connection with the public works garage project approved by the Town of Buxton (the “Town”) in accordance with applicable law, the Town be and it hereby is authorized to execute and deliver a Loan Agreement between the Maine Municipal Bond Bank (the “Bond Bank”) and the Town to effect a borrowing from the Bond Bank in the principal amount of $1,800.00, which Loan Agreement shall be substantially in the form presented to the Board at this meeting, and such Loan Agreement hereby is approved in all respects.
E.O.070808032 – That the Chair of the Board of Selectmen and the Treasurer be, and each of them acting singly hereby is, authorized in the name and on behalf of the Town to execute and deliver the Loan Agreement and such other instruments, documents, certificates and agreements, and to take or cause to be taken such further actions for and on behalf of the Town as may be necessary, convenient or appropriate to effect the transactions contemplated by the foregoing votes and the documents referenced therein, and that the Town Clerk be and hereby is authorized to attest to the foregoing and attach the Town’s seal to any of the foregoing.
E.O.070808033 – An order to approve 8 hours of vacation time for Greg Heffernan.
9. Executive Orders by Initiative.
10. Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants.
E.O.070808029 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #09-08.
E.O.070808030-- An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
11. Next Meeting of the Board.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
12. Other Business.
13. Public Comments and Questions.