Town of Buxton
Agenda for September 5, 2007 Selectmen’s Meeting
Business Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order.
2. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes.
Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes August 29, 2007.
3. Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
4. Review of Correspondence.
· Email from Jeffrey Austin, Maine Municipal Association – Re: Appropriations Committee Proposal to Cut State Budget
· Newsletter from Saco River Community Television – Re: Activities for month of August
5. Review of Projects and Issues.
6. Old Business.
7. New Business.
8. Executive Orders.
E.O.070809004 – An order to approve the resignation of James A. Graves effective September 28, 2007.
E.O.070809005 – An order to approve 8 hours of vacation time for Fred Farnham.
E.O.070809006 – An order to establish the property tax rate at $9.40 per thousand for fiscal year 2007 – 2008.
9. Executive Orders by Initiative.
10. Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants.
E.O.0070808001 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #61-07
E.O.070809002 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #10-08.
E.O.070809003-- An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
11. Next Meeting of the Board.
Planning Board Meeting Monday, September 10, 2007 at 7:30 p.m.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
12. Other Business.
A representative from York County Community Action will be at the Buxton Town Hall on September 11th and 25th from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. to help Buxton residents prepare Property Tax and Rent Refund Rebate Forms. No appointments – first come first serve basis.
13. Public Comments and Questions.