Town of Buxton
Agenda for September 12, 2007 Selectmen’s Meeting
Business Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order.
Open Bids for the Site Work Contract for the New Town Garage
2. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes.
Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes September 5, 2007.
3. Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:30 p.m. – Dave Anderson and Jerry Ross
5:40 p.m. – Greg Heffernan
4. Review of Correspondence.
· Email from Dan Rose, Drummond & Woodsum – Re: Lunch on September 19 to discuss changes in Maine Employment Law
· Email from Geoff Herman, Maine Municipal Association – Re: School Reorganization Process
· Email from Joyce Kelley, York County Emergency Management – Re: York County Emergency Management Agency Open House September 16, 2007
· Email from Joyce Kelley – York County Emergency Management – September is Emergency Preparedness Month
· Memorandum from John J. Sylvester, Eleven Town Group – Re: Notification of two Meetings – one Monday Sept, 17 at 6:30 p.m. at the Waterboro Town Hall and second one on Sept. 20 at 6:30 p.m. at Waterboro Fire Station
· Email from SAD #6 Superintendent’s Office – Re: MSAD 6 will be touring Buxton Schools on Friday, Sept. 14 starting at 11:35 a.m. Selectmen and Town personnel are invited.
5. Review of Projects and Issues.
6. Old Business.
7. New Business.
8. Executive Orders.
E.O.070809009 – An order to approve Fred Farnham’s attendance to the MBOIA Fall Meeting.
E.O.070809010 – An order to approve 32 hours of vacation time for Lary Owen.
E.O.070809011 – An order to approve 8 hours of vacation time for Judy Thomas.
9. Executive Orders by Initiative.
10. Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants.
E.O.070809007 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #11-08.
E.O.070809008-- An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
11. Next Meeting of the Board.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, September 19, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
12. Other Business.
Flaggy Meadow Road will be closed from October 1 to Thanksgiving due to the bypass road construction. There will be a flashing sign posted at Groveville Square informing motorists to use Hurlin Smith and Waterman Road to access Route 202.
13. Public Comments and Questions.