Town of Buxton
Agenda for September 19, 2007 Selectmen’s Meeting
Business Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order.
Open Winter Sand Bids -- 2
2. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes.
Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes September 12, 2007.
3. Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. – Chief Graves
6:00 p.m. – Bill Hoffman
4. Review of Correspondence.
· Email from Geoff Herman, Maine Municipal Association – Re: Survey Results from municipal officials regarding school reorganization process
· Email from Joyce Kelley, York County Emergency Management – Re: Notification of 2-day Emergency Planning Course Oct. 1 & 2 in Sanford
· Email from Saco River Cable Committee – Re: FCC Ruling regarding Video Franchising
5. Review of Projects and Issues.
6. Old Business.
7. New Business.
8. Executive Orders.
9. Executive Orders by Initiative.
10. Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants.
E.O.070809013 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #12-08.
E.O.070809014-- An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
11. Next Meeting of the Board.
Department Head Meeting Thursday, September 20 at 8:00 a.m.
Planning Board Meeting Monday, September 24, 2007 at 7:30 p.m.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, September 26, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
12. Other Business.
Flaggy Meadow Road will be closed from September 24 to November 21 due to the bypass road construction. There will be a flashing sign posted at Groveville Square informing motorists to use Hurlin Smith and Waterman Road to access Route 202.
The North Congregation Church on Church Hill Road will be holding a bottle drive on September 29 to raise money for the Food Pantry and the Keep the Heat on fund.
A representative from York County Community Action will be at the Buxton Town Hall on September 25th from 9:00 – 11:00 A.M. to help Buxton residents prepare Property Tax and Rent Refund Rebate Forms. No appointments – first come first serve basis.
13. Public Comments and Questions.