Town of Buxton
Agenda for October 3, 2007 Selectmen’s Meeting
Business Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order.
2. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes.
Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes October 3, 2007.
3. Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:30 p.m. – Dianne Senechal
6:00 p.m. – Sheridan Bennett
4. Review of Correspondence.
· Letter from Biddeford Mayor Nutting – Re: Coalition for Comprehensive Recycling and Solid Waste Management
· Email from Robert C. Bohlmann, Director York County Emergency Management – Re: Follow-up to make sure all communities are getting FEMA results
5. Review of Projects and Issues.
6. Old Business.
7. New Business.
8. Executive Orders.
E.O.070810003 – An order to adopt the following:
1. That the Board of Selectmen of the Town of Buxton (the "Town"), hereby authorizes a borrowing in the amount of One Million Eight Hundred Thousand Dollars ($1,800,000) from Maine Municipal Bond Bank (the "Bank") by and on behalf of the Town as of October 25, 2007 for the purpose of providing financing to refund on a current basis the Town’s $740,000 bond anticipation note dated June 29, 2007 and to pay the remaining costs to construct and equip a public works garage facility, as previously approved by the voters of the Town by referendum vote held on June 12, 2007.
2. That under and pursuant to the provisions of Title 30-A M.R.S.A. Section 5772, the Chair of the Board of Selectmen and the Treasurer of the Town be, and each acting singly hereby is, authorized to borrow in the name and on behalf of the Town the sum of One Million Eight Hundred Thousand Dollars ($1,800,000) as of October 25, 2007, and, in connection therewith, the Chair of the Board of Selectmen and the Treasurer be and they are hereby authorized to issue general obligation securities (bonds or notes) of the Town in an original principal amount of One Million Eight Hundred Thousand Dollars ($1,800,000) and to execute and deliver such general obligation bonds or notes (as so executed and delivered, the "Bond") in registered form under the
seal of the Town and as attested by the Secretary, which Bond shall be dated October 25, 2007, and be in substantially the form presented to this meeting, with such changes therein not contrary to the general tenor thereof as the Chair of the Board of Selectmen and the Treasurer may approve, the execution and delivery thereof to be conclusive evidence of such approval; and that the appropriate officials of the Town be, and each acting singly hereby is, authorized to execute and deliver on behalf of the Town such documents and certificates and take such actions as may be necessary or convenient in connection with such borrowing, including without limitation such certificates and agreements as may be reasonably required by bond counsel or the Bank; and that no part of the proceeds of said borrowing shall be used, directly or indirectly, to acquire any securities and obligations, the acquisition of which would cause the Bond to be an "arbitrage bond" within the meaning of
Section 148 of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended, of 1986 (the "Code"); and that the Bond be designated as a qualified tax-exempt obligation within the meaning of Section 265(b)(3)(B) of said Code; and that the Chair of the Board of Selectmen and the Treasurer be and they are hereby authorized to covenant on behalf of the Town to file any information report and pay any rebate due to the United States in connection with the issuance of the Bond, to take all other lawful actions necessary to ensure that interest on the Bond will be excluded from the gross income of the owners thereof for purposes of federal income taxation and to refrain from taking any action that would cause interest on the Bond to become includable in the gross income of the owners thereof.
3. That the Chair of the Board of Selectmen and Treasurer of the Town be and they hereby are authorized and directed to execute an Arbitrage and Use of Proceeds Certificate on behalf of the Town in connection with the Bond issued pursuant to a loan agreement between the Town and the Bank previously approved by the Board (the "Loan Agreement"), and to do and perform on behalf of the Town all acts and things necessary or desirable in order to assure that interest paid on such bonds shall, for purposes of federal income taxation, be excluded from the gross income of the owners thereof.
4. That the Town be and it hereby is authorized to issue and deliver the Bond in accordance with the Loan Agreement, and that the Chair of the Board of Selectmen and Treasurer of the Town be and they hereby are authorized and directed to execute said Bond on behalf of the Town.
E.O.070810004 – An order to approve the “Fiscal Year 2007 Carry forwards” list as shown on the document dated October 3, 2007.
E.O.070810005 – An order to approve an Application for Veteran Exemption for
[Map 9, Lot 2-8].
E.O.07081005 – An order to approve 24 hours of vacation time for Dianne Senechal.
E.O.07081006 – An order to approve 8 hours of vacation time for Chief Thomas.
9. Executive Orders by Initiative.
10. Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants.
E.O.070810001 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #14-08.
E.O.070810002 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
11. Next Meeting of the Board.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
Planning Board Meeting Monday, October 8, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
12. Other Business.
The Home Health Visiting Nurses will be holding a Flu Shot Clinic at the Buxton Town Hall on Friday, October 26 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
13. Public Comments and Questions.