Town of Buxton
Agenda for October 17, 2007 Selectmen’s Meeting
Business Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order.
2. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes.
Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes October 10, 2007.
3. Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
4. Review of Correspondence.
· Memo from JoAnn Mooney, State Hazard Mitigation Officer – Re: Mitigation Grant Opportunities with deadlines for applications
· Email from Joyce Kelley, York County Emergency Management – Re: Course – Building Design for Homeland Security
· Memo from Suzanne B. Lukas, Superintendent of Schools – Re: Meeting November 1 at York County College regarding School Budget Validation Process
· Memo from Kate Dufour, Maine Municipal Association – Re: Survey gathering information on impact of LD1 on local government
· Email from Geoff Herman, Maine Municipal Association – Re: MMA’s website now contains answers to questions submitted regarding municipal official’s role and responsibilities regarding the school reorganization process
5. Review of Projects and Issues.
6. Old Business.
7. New Business.
8. Executive Orders.
E.O.070810012 – An order to approve Lary Owen and Tom Kennie’s attendance to a workshop on Personnel Practices.
9. Executive Orders by Initiative.
10. Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants.
E.O.070810010 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #16-08.
E.O.070810011 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
11. Next Meeting of the Board.
Public Hearing Amendments to the General Assistance Ordinance (Appendixes A, B & C)
October 24, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
Public Hearing Victualer License- Hannaford Bros. Co. October 24, 2007 at 7:05 p.m.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 7:10 p.m.
12. Other Business.
The Home Health Visiting Nurses will be holding a Flu Shot Clinic at the Buxton Town Hall on Friday, October 26 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Absentee ballots are now available.
13. Public Comments and Questions.