Town of Buxton
Agenda for November 28, 2007 Selectmen’s Meeting
Business Meeting Agenda 6:30 p.m.
1. Call to Order.
Open Bids – Dump Truck
2. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes.
Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes November 14, 2007.
3. Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
4. Review of Correspondence.
· Email from Patrick Bonsant, Manager – Saco River Community Television – Re: SRCT is exploring the possibility of streaming government meetings over the internet.
· Email from Caroline Segalla, Asst. Town Planner for Kennebunk – Re: Energy Efficiency for businesses.
· Email from Geoff Herman, Maine Municipal Association – Re: State Budget Deficit and possible legislative response
· Letter from Maine Department of Transportation – Re: An application for an 850 student elementary school has been filed the Maine Dept. of Transportation by MSAD #6.
5. Review of Projects and Issues.
6. Old Business.
7. New Business.
8. Executive Orders.
E.O.070811025 – An order to approve 64 hours of vacation time for Jody Thomas.
E.O.070811026 – An order to approve an Abatement for Real Estate taxes in the amount of $85.54 for [Map14, Lot 3].
E.O.070811027 – An order to approve the hire of Larry W. Straffin for the position of Fire Rescue Chief effective December 3, 2007 at a starting salary of $46,800.
E.O.070811028 – An order to approve a Tax Abatement for case PA07-003.
E.O.070811029 – An order to approve a Tax Abatement for case PA08-002.
E.O.070811030 – An order to approve a Tax Abatement for case PA08-003.
9. Executive Orders by Initiative.
10. Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants.
E.O.070811023 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #21-08.
E.O.070811024 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
11. Next Meeting of the Board.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
A Public Hearing to act on applications for licensing Automobile Graveyards follows this meeting at 7:00 p.m.
A Special Town Meeting is scheduled for 7:10 p.m. tonight.
12. Other Business.
The Buxton Garden Club is sponsoring The Festival of Trees at the Bar Mills Community Church starting December 3 through the 7th. Entertainment every night from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. December 4th from 2:00 – 3:00 p. m. There will be a Christmas Tea with a $5 donation to benefit the “Keep The Heat On” program.
There is a Rabies Vaccination Clinic on Saturday, December 1, 2007 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. at the Bar Mills Fire Station on Portland Road. Cost is $8 per vaccination – cash only. Dogs must be on a leash and cats must be in carriers.
Reminder the Town is accepting applications for the Rescue Subscription Program, which expires December 31, 2007. If any one wants to renew their Subscription Agreement or apply to the program as a new member, applications are being accepted at the Town Office during normal business hours.
13. Public Comments and Questions.