Town of Buxton
Agenda for August 20, 2008 Selectmen’s Meeting
Special Town Meeting – 7:00 p.m.
Business Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order.
2. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes.
Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes August 13, 2008.
3. Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
4. Review of Correspondence.
· Email from Representative Don Marean – Re: Weekly Update State Issues
· Letter from Richard B. Brown York County Manager – Re: Freedom of Information training will be held Thursday, Sept. 18 at 6:00 p.m. at the York County Court House for elected officials
· Letter from Fred Farnham – Re: Status of Dundee Circle Road
· Email from Jeffrey Austin, Maine Municipal Association – Re: Proposed 64% Increase in PSAP rates charged to municipalities
5. Review of Projects and Issues.
6. Old Business.
7. New Business.
8. Executive Orders.
E.O.080908015 – An order to appoint Stephen J. Heroux to the position of member of the Board of Appeals effective until December 31, 2010.
E.O.080908016 – An order to appoint Merton C. Waterman to the position of Berry Memorial Library Trustee effective until December 31, 2010.
E.O.080908017 – An order to appoint Michelle M. Lohutko to the position of Animal Control Officer effective until cancelled.
E.O.080908018 – An order to approve one day of paid vacation exception for Krystal Dyer to allow her to use one day from her accrued vacation from the 2008 -09 year.
E.O.080908019 – An order to approve Tashia Geaumont, Dianne Senechal and Jen Barschdorf’s attendance to an MMA Wellness Conference.
9. Executive Orders by Initiative.
10. Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants.
E.O.080908013 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #07-10.
E.O.080908014 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
11. Next Meeting of the Board.
Planning Board Meeting Monday, August 25, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
12. Other Business.
13. Public Comments and Questions.
14. Executive Session.