Town of Buxton
Agenda for September 16, 2009 Selectmen’s Meeting
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes September 2, 2009
Selectmen Meeting Minutes September 9, 2009
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
- Review of Correspondence
- Email from Sharon Leady-Lind, Maine CDC – Re: Human Risk for Eastern Equine Encephalitis
- Email from Phil Carey, Maine State Planning Office – Re: Announcement of completion of Model Wind Energy Facility Ordinance offered for voluntary use of municipalities
- Email from Geoff Herman, Maine Municipal – Re: Update of information on MMA’s website now includes Question 2 Excise Tax initiative and
Question 4 TABOR II initiative
- Email from York County Government Employees Association – Re: Revenue and Cost-Savings Ideas
- Review of Projects and Issues
- Old Business
- New Business
- Executive Orders
E.O.091009016 – An order to approve 8 hours of vacation time for Bruce E. Mullen.
E.O.091009017 – An order to approve 6 hours of vacation time for Fred Farnham.
E.O.091009018 – An order to approve the hire of Mark Coosard effective September 10, 2009 at a pay rate of $10 per hour.
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O.09100901014 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #12-10.
E.O.091009015 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
- Next Meeting of the Board
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
Charter Commission Meeting Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 7:30 p.m.
Hazardous Waste Day is Saturday September 26 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the Buxton Transfer Station. This event is for Buxton residents only and only residential hazardous waste will be accepted.
Reminder the Maine Board of pesticides Control is urging Mainers to sign up for free disposal of banned, unusable pesticides. Preregistration for this free pesticide collection is required by September 25. To register call 287-2731 or go to www.thinkfirstspraylast.org.
Saco River Community Television has activated the VIMEO.COM site for the replay of the Buxton Selectmen’s Meetings. To access the meetings on line use vimeo.com/srctv. The Town’s website also has a direct link to the site and can be accessed by clicking Selectmen Meeting Video on the Board of Selectmen page.
- Public Comments and Questions
- Executive Session