Town of Buxton
Agenda for October 14, 2009 Selectmen’s Meeting
Public Hearing 7:00 p.m.-- General Assistance
Amendments to General Assistance Ordinance (Appendixes A, B & C)
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes October 7, 2009
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. – David Pinkham
- Email from Jim Libby – Re: Gorham East-West Corridor Study Commission
- Email from Sharon Leahy-Lind – Re: Update on H1N1 and Seasonal Influenza Vaccine
- Memorandum from Rick McCarthy, Maine Tomorrow – Re: Summary of County Priorities reached by York County Delegation
- Email from Paul Schumacher, So. Maine Regional Planning Commission – Re: Next Meeting of York County Advocacy Group is scheduled for Thursday, October 22 in Springvale
- Memorandum from John J. Sylvester, Chair, Twelve Town Group – Re: Next Meeting scheduled for October 19 at 6:30 p.m. at the Waterboro Town Hall
- Review of Projects and Issues
- Old Business
- New Business
- Executive Orders
E.O.091010010 – An order to approve an Abatement for Real Estate taxes for fiscal year 2009/10 in the amount of $296.01.
E.O.091010011 – An order to approve an Abatement for Real Estate taxes for fiscal year 2009/10 in the amount of $7.92.
E.O.091010012 – An order to approve an Abatement for Real Estate taxes for fiscal year 2009/10 in the amount of $276.21.
E.O.091010013 – An order to approve an Abatement for Real Estate taxes for fiscal year 2009/10 in the amount of $208.89.
E.O.091010014 – An order to approve an Abatement for Personal Property for fiscal year 2009/10 in the amount of $29.70 for Case No. 15559.
E.O.091010015 – An order to approve an Abatement for Real Estate taxes for fiscal year 2009/10 in the amount of $225.72 for [Map 1, Lot 188E].
E.O.091010016 – An order to approve a Supplemental Tax Warrant and Certificate for tax year 2009 in the amount of $708.84 for [Map 1, Lot 188E].
E.O.091010017 – An order to approve an Application for Veteran Exemption for
[Map 8, Lot 31-2].
E.O.091010018 – An order to approve Tashia Geaumont’s attendance to the New England Association for Health conference.
E.O.091010019 – An order to approve a Pole Permit for Central Maine Power Company and Pine Tree Networks to construct and maintain a new pole on Towle Street 156 feet from existing pole #15.
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O.091010008 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #16-10.
E.O.091010009 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
- Next Meeting of the Board
Twelve Town Meeting Monday, October 19. 2009 at 6:30 p.m. in Waterboro
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
Charter Commission Meeting Thursday, October 22 at 7:00 p.m.
Absentee ballot applications are available at the Town Hall. Absentee ballots can be picked up at the Town Hall or phone or on line at the following address: http://www.maine.gov:80/cgi-bin/online/AbsenteeBallot/index.pl. Absentee ballots can also be mailed out at the request of the voter by calling the Town Clerk’s Office at 929-6171.
York County Community Action is taking applications for fuel assistance through the LiHeap Program. Applicants must pay their own heat and not live in subsidized housing. To make an appointment, call 1-800-965-5762.
The Visiting Nurses will be hosting a Flu Shot Clinic at the Buxton Town Office on Friday, October 23 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. The cost is $30.
There will be a Harvest Supper on Saturday, October 17 at the Pythian Sisters Hall to benefit the Buxton Food Co-op at 4:30 P.M. The price is $7 for adults.
- Public Comments and Questions
- Executive Session