Town of Buxton
Agenda for October 21, 2009 Selectmen’s Meeting
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes October 14, 2009
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. – Fred Farnham
5:30 p.m. – John Myers
6:00 p.m. – Madeline Ireland
- Emails from Sharon Leahy-Lind, Maine CDC – Re: Update on H1N1
- Email from Steve Freeman, Municipal Pest Management Services – Re: Free seminar for municipalities on mosquito and tick control on November 12, 2009 in Portsmouth, NH
- Letter from Brenda Ramirez, Unison Wireless – Re: Interested in adding antennas in our area
- Email notification of PUC Municipal Grant Opportunity for implementing emergency efficiency programs utilizing money through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- Review of Projects and Issues
- Old Business
- New Business
- Executive Orders
E.O.091010023 – An order to approve Greg Heffernan, Chris Waterman and Ed Hutchinson’s attendance to a Transfer Station Operators workshop.
E.O.091010024 – An order to approve a Supplemental Tax Warrant and Certificate for tax year 2009 in the amount of $1,555.00 for [Map 7, Lot 75].
E.O.091010025 – An order to approve an Abatement for Real Estate taxes for fiscal year 2009/10 in the amount of $448.47 for [Map 2, Lot 32-12-1].
E.O.091010026 – An order to approve an Abatement for Personal Property for fiscal year 2009/10 in the amount of $128.70 for Case No. 208.
E.O.091010027 – An order to approve an Abatement for Personal Property for fiscal year 2009/10 in the amount of $128.70 for Case No. 102.
E.O.091010028 – An order to approve an Abatement for Real Estate taxes for fiscal year 2009/10 in the amount of $1,555.29 for [Map 7, Lot 75].
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O.091010021 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #17-10.
E.O.091010022 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
- Next Meeting of the Board
Charter Commission Workshop Thursday, October 22 at 6:00 p.m.
Charter Commission Meeting Thursday, October 22 at 7:00 p.m.
Planning Board Meeting Monday, October 26, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
Absentee ballot applications are available at the Town Hall. Absentee ballots can be picked up at the Town Hall or phone or on line at the following address: http://www.maine.gov:80/cgi-bin/online/AbsenteeBallot/index.pl. Absentee ballots can also be mailed out at the request of the voter by calling the Town Clerk’s Office at 929-6171.
York County Community Action is taking applications for fuel assistance through the LiHeap Program. Applicants must pay their own heat and not live in subsidized housing. To make an appointment, call 1-800-965-5762.
The Flu Shot Clinic scheduled at the Buxton Town Office on Friday, October 23 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. has been cancelled.
- Public Comments and Questions
- Executive Session