Town of Buxton
Agenda for November 18, 2009 Selectmen’s Meeting
Special Town Meeting – 700 p.m.
Public Hearing Automobile Graveyard or Junkyard 7:15 p.m.
Applications for Non-Transferable Permit for Automobile Graveyard or
Public Hearing Liquor License Renewal – 7:20 p.m.
The Roost, Inc. DBA Personal Touch Catering
Selectmen’s Meeting Agenda – 7:30 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes November 4, 2009
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. – Fire Chief Bruce Mullen
- Email from Kat Fuller, Maine DOT Bureau of Transportation – Re: Quarterly update from the Bureau of Transportation Systems Planning
- Email from Sharon Leahy-Lind – Maine CDC – Re: H1N1 Updates
- Email from Jeff Austin, Maine Municipal Association – Re: PUC Review of Dig Safe Program
- Email from Congresswoman Chellie Pingree – Re: Update on Water Resources Development Act
- Email from Tom Miragliuolo, Senior Planner – Maine State Planning Office – Re: Soliciting comments for changes to Chapter 208 – Maine’s Comprehensive Planning Review Criteria Rule
- Letter from Chad Poitras, Board Member So. Buxton Cemetery Association – Re: Wreaths Across America program
- Letter from Bo Kennedy, DeLuca-Hoffman Assoc. – Re: Remediation of Water under Overhead Doors
- Letter from Cathy J. DeSouza, Maine Department of Transportation – Re: Speed zone reviews for Spruce Swamp Road and Waterman Road
- Review of Projects and Issues
Town owned property for sale
Public Works Garage grinding
Antenna situation at EMA building
Installation of Plexiglas in front office
Repair Church Hill Salt Shed
The Town Office will be open on Wednesday, November 25, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Office will be closed for the Holidays on November 26 & 27th. There will be no evening hours during the week of Thanksgiving.
E.O.091011016 – An order to approve an Application for Veteran Exemption for
[Map 2, Lot 82].
E.O.091011017 – An order to approve an Application for Exemption for [Map 1, Lot 5-1] from Local Taxation for a Widow of a Deceased Veteran.
E.O.091011018 – An order to approve a Poverty Abatement for Case No. PA09-008.
E.O.091011019 – An order to approve 8 hours of vacation time for Dianne Senechal.
E.O.091011020 – An order to approve a new road name ‘Eastwind Drive’ which will serve a new housing development off Portland Road.
E.O.091011021 – An order to approve an Abatement for Real Estate taxes for fiscal year 2009 in the amount of $242.55 for [Map 19, Lot 14-1].
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O.091011014 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #21-10.
E.O.091011015 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
- Next Meeting of the Board
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
York County Community Action is still taking applications for fuel assistance through the LiHeap Program. Applicants must pay their own heat and not live in subsidized housing. To make an appointment, call 1-800-965-5762.
The Charter Commission still has Resident Surveys available at the Town Office and on the Town’s website and is requesting input from the public on Buxton’s form of government and any changes the residents would like to see made to the Town’s Charter. All Surveys should be returned to the Town Office by December 9, 2009.
The Buxton Toy Box started taking applications on Tuesday November 17. Applicants can apply Tuesday, and Thursdays between 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. and Friday morning from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. Applications can be picked up the week of November 23th but cannot be submitted to the program until the week of November 30.
- Public Comments and Questions
- Executive Session