Town of Buxton
Agenda for September 8, 2010 Selectmen’s Meeting
Selectmen’s Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes September 1, 2010.
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. – John Wise
5:30 p.m. – Ben Pinault
6:00 p.m. – Chief Mike Grovo
- Email message from John Myers, Town Clerk forwarding information from Paul B. Schlein, Public Information Officer for the Maine Board of Pesticides—Re: Free Disposal of Banned Unusable Pesticides.
- Email from Myranda McGowan, Southern Maine Regional Planning Commission—Re: Office supplies and Maine DOT links.
- Email from Adam Theriault, Civil Engineering Student at the University of Maine in Orono—Re: A senior college project.
- Email from Greg Payne at Avesta Housing—Re: Maine Affordable Housing Coalition Annual Legislative Reception.
- Email from the Maine State Planning Office—Re: Maine Floodplain Management and Mapping News.
- Review of Projects and Issues
Tax Collector’s Job Description
- New Business
- Executive Orders
E.O. 101108030 – An order to approve 8 Hours Vacation Time for John Myers.
E.O.101108031 – An order to approve 6 Hours Vacation time for Fred Farnham.
E.O.101108032 – An order to hire Dale Cabral as a part time employee at the Transfer Station effective September 11, 2010 at a rate of $10.00 per hour.
E.O.101108033 – An order to hire Parker Weyer as a part time employee at the Transfer Station effective September 11, 2010 at a rate of $10.00 per hour.
E.O. 101108034 – An order to set the Tax Rate for Fiscal Year 2010-2011 at $9.90 per thousand.
E.O.101108035 – An order to approve the interest rate on prepayment of taxes not yet due or assessed at 2% per year.
E.O.101108036 – An order to set the interest rate on unpaid taxes at a rate of 4% per year.
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O.101108028 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #10-11.
E.O.101108029– An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
- Next Meeting of the Board
Selectmen Meeting in Executive Session pursuant to 1 MRSA, 4056A, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 5:00 p.m.
Charter Commission Meeting Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
Planning Board Meeting Tuesday, September 13, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at, 7:00 p.m.
Comprehensive Plan Committee Meeting Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 6:15 p.m.
- Public Comments and Questions
- Executive Session