Town of Buxton
Agenda for September 15, 2010 Selectmen’s Meeting
Selectmen’s Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes September 8, 2010.
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:00 – Debi Rix, Treasurer
- Email from Marian Alexandre with Southern Maine Planning Commission—Re: Free Fall Workshops for Planning Board & Zoning Board of Appeals Members.
- Email from Sharon Leahy-Lind @Maine.gov—Re: Maine CDC/DHHS Public Health Update.
- Memo from John Sylvester with the Twelve Town Group—Re: September meeting.
- Review of Projects and Issues
Tax Collector’s Job Description
- New Business
- Executive Orders
E.O. 101109003 – An order to hire Benjamin Pinault as a Camera Operator effective Sept 9, 2010 at a pay rate of $13.27 per hour.
E.O. 101109004 – An order to approve John Myers’ attendance at a State Genealogy Meeting & Clerks Vitals Committee Meeting in Augusta.
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O.101109001 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #11-11.
E.O.101109002– An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
- Next Meeting of the Board
Charter Commission Meeting Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
Twelve Town Group Meeting Monday, September 20, 2010 at 6:30 p.m. at the Waterboro Town Hall.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at, 7:00 p.m.
Charter Commission Meeting Thursday, September 23, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
There will be a mystery supper Saturday, September 18, 2010 from 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at the Buxton Community Food Services Coop. building located 935 Long Plains Road, at Buxton Center. The cost is $7.00 for adults and $3.00 for children under age 12. The supper is being held to raise money to help pay for heat and lights this winter.
A reminder that there will be a Commemoration and Dedication Ceremony celebrating the dedication of the new Buxton Center Elementary School including the Dr. Paul Vincent Library, and honoring the legacy of Eliza Libby School, Frank Jewett School, Jack Memorial School, and the Samuel D. Hanson School. This event will be held Sunday afternoon, September 19th from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., at 912 Long Plains Road in Buxton. This event is open to the public.
- Public Comments and Questions
- Executive Session