Town of Buxton
Agenda for October 20 2010 Selectmen’s Meeting
Public Hearing – 7:00 p.m.
November 2, 2010 Secret Ballot Item: Article 2. Charter revision
Selectmen’s Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes October 13, 2010.
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:30 – Mark Smith
6:00 – Executive Session
- Email from Myranda McGowan with So. Maine Regional Planning—Re: Public Works Group Meeting Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 9:00 a.m. at the Saco Transportation Center
- Email from Michael Robinson—Re: Saco River Corridor Commission alternate candidate
- Email from Tory Leuteman with York County Community Action—Re: Dental Clinic Friday, November 12, 2010, at Southern Maine Parent Awareness, 886 Main Street (Midtown Mall), Suite 303, in Sanford from 11:00 a.m. to5:00 p.m.
- Email from Sharon Leahy-Lind from Maine Public Health—Re: The 2010-2011 Influenza Season.
- Review of Projects and Issues
- Old Business
- New Business
There will be a Rabies Vaccination Clinic on Saturday, December 4, 2010 from 1:00–3:00 p.m. at the Buxton Public Works Garage next door to the Town Hall. The cost is $8/per vaccination – Cash only. All dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be in carriers. For faster service please bring the previous rabies vaccination certificate. For more information call the Buxton Town Hall at 929-6171. The clinic is sponsored by the Hollis Animal Clinic, the Towns of Buxton & Hollis and the Vacationland Dog Club.
Bar Mills Rescue & Buxton Community Days are sponsoring a Halloween Benefit Dance at the Roost on Chicopee Road, Buxton on Saturday, October 30, 2010 from 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Tickets are $10/per person or $18/per couple. There will be a 50/50 raffle and Door Prize. For tickets & reservations call Kim at 727-5838.
E.O.101110018 – An order to approve the hiring of Michael Schools as a Camera Operator at a pay rate of $13.27 per hour, effective October 18, 2010.
E.O.101110019 – An order to amend the Pets in the Workplace Policy to prohibit pets in Town owned buildings.
E.O.101110020 – An order to adopt a Personal Leave Policy for all full-time employees, effective October 20, 2010.
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O.101110016 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #16-11.
E.O.101110017– An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
- Next Meeting of the Board
Planning Board Meeting Monday, October 25, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
Public Hearing General Assistance Ordinance (Appendixes A, B & C), Wednesday,
October 27, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
Board of Selectmen Meeting Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 7:05, or immediately following the public hearing.
Pleasant Point Park Committee Meeting Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 6:00 p.m.
The Town will be hosting a flu shot clinic October 22, 2010 here at the Town Office from 1:00 –3:00 p.m. Please remember to bring your insurance card.
- Public Comments and Questions
- Executive Session