Town of Buxton
Agenda for September 14, 2011 Selectmen’s Meeting
Selectmen’s Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes July 27, 2011.
Selectmen Meeting Minutes September 7, 2011.
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:00 – Employee
6:15 – Interview
- Two Emails from Jan Hill – Re: Proposed new sign for the E.M.A. Building and Tower Wires at Elden Store.
- Email from Kimberly White—Kaiser, Director of York County Emergency Management – Re: Notification of Major Disaster Declaration for the State of Maine.
- Email from Sharon Newell, President of the Buxton Garden Club – Re: Woodland Walk and Jo Whetstone Garden areas.
- Review of Projects and Issues
The Plymovent Exhaust System has been completely installed at the Bar Mills Fire Station. It is now running and training is complete.
Repairs to the rooms damaged by faulty air conditioners in the Bar Mills Fire Station are complete.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Executive Orders
E.O.111209006 – An order to approve 32 hours vacation time for Bruce E. Mullen.
E.O.111209007 – An order to approve Tashia Pinkham’s attendance at the ME Association of Health, PE & Recreation workshop.
E.O.111209008 – An order to approve 14.5 hours vacation time and 9.5 hours personal time for John Myers.
E.O.111209009 – An order to approve 12 hours personal time for Fred Farnham.
E.O.111209010 – An order to approve the application for a non-transferrable Automobile Graveyard or Junkyard Permit for Long Plains Road LLC (formerly Pine Tree Garage LLC).
E.O.111209011 – An order to approve 4 hours sick time for Susan Myers.
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O.111209004 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #62 and Warrant #28.
E.O.111209005 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
- Next Meeting of the Board
There will be a Special Planning Board Meeting Monday, September 19, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. to discuss amendments to the Town Zoning Ordinance.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, September 21, 2011, at 7:00 p.m.
The Planning Board will hold a Public Hearing Monday, September 26, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. This is regarding an application for a Conditional Use permit for Animal Husbandry.
There will be a Twelve Town Group Meeting Monday, September 19, 2011, at the Waterboro Town Hall at 6:30 p.m.
Reminder: The Transfer Station will waive fees for brush during the month of September to help residents cleaning up from the hurricane.
Hazardous Waste Day Saturday, October 1, 2011, 10AM to 2 PM. You must provide proof of residency. Additional information is posted on the Town Web Site. If you have questions, please contact Greg Heffernan, Director of Solid Waste, at 939-9313.
A representative from Senator Olympia Snowe’s office will be at the Buxton Town Office Tuesday, September 20, 2011, from 9:00-10:00 a.m. to take Legislative comments from the public.
- Public Comments and Questions
- Executive Session