Town of Buxton
Agenda for November 9, 2011 Selectmen’s Meeting
Selectmen’s Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes November 2, 2011.
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
- Review of Correspondence
- Email message from John Myers, Town Clerk – Re: November 8th Election Returns.
- Email from Joseph Young with the Maine State Planning Office – Re: Floodplain Mapping update.
- Email from Chief Mullen – Re: Groveville Station Floor.
- Email from Patrick Bonsant & Matt Fletcher at Saco River Community TV – Re:
Public Notice – SRC-TV Computer Server Upgrade.
- Email from Brian Mula-Howard, Account Executive with the American Red Cross – Re: First Nationwide Test of the Emergency Alert System Nov. 9, 2011.
- Review of Projects and Issues
- Old Business
- New Business
- Executive Orders
E.O.111211016 – An order to approve Abatement for Real Estate Taxes in the amount of $74.16 for [Map 9, Lot 6C5].
E.O.111211017 – An order to approve Abatement for Real Estate Taxes in the amount of $109.18 for [Map 9, Lot 6-23].
E.O.111211018 – An order to approve 8 hours vacation time for Beverly Gammon.
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O.111211014 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #45.
E.O.111211015 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
- Next Meeting of the Board
Planning Board Meeting Monday, November 14, 2011, at 7:00 p.m.
The State of Maine will conduct a Liquor License Appeal Hearing on the appeal of the Town of Buxton Liquor License denial of William Ham, d/b/a Skip’s. The Hearing will be held at the Town of Buxton Municipal Building, 185 Portland Road, Buxton, Maine on November 16, 2011 at 11:00 AM.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, November 16, 2011, at 7:00 p.m.
Public Hearing for Liquor License Renewal for Kevin & Sundae Fallen, The Roost, Inc., d/b/a Personal Touch Catering, Wednesday, November 30, 2011, at 7:00 p.m., at the Buxton Municipal Building.
Buxton Toy Box Applications and Guidelines are available at the Town Office. Additional information about the Toy Box will be posted on the Town web site.
The Town Office will be closed this Friday, November 11th for Veteran’s Day.
During Thanksgiving week, Town Office will be open Monday-Wednesday (Nov. 21-23) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There will be no Selectmen's Meeting and no evening hours Wednesday (Nov. 23). The Town Office and Transfer Station will be closed Thursday & Friday (Nov. 24-25). There will be no curbside trash pickup on Thanksgiving Day. ~Thursday's curbside pickup will be done on Friday (Nov. 25). The Transfer Station will re-open Saturday, November 26th.
There will be a Rabies Vaccination Clinic Saturday, December 3, 2011, from 1-3 PM, at the Buxton Public Works Garage. The cost is $8.00 per Vaccination – Cash only. All dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be in carriers. Please bring the previous Rabies Vaccination Certificate. Flyers are on the counter at the Town Office. For more information call the Buxton Town Office at 929-6171.
- Public Comments and Questions
- Executive Session