Town of Buxton
Agenda for November 16, 2011 Selectmen’s Meeting
Selectmen’s Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes November 2, 2011.
Selectmen Meeting Minutes November 9, 2011.
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
- Review of Correspondence
- Email message from Sharon Leahy-Lind @ Maine.gov – Re: Maine Center for Disease Control’s Reorganization.
- Health Alert from Maine Public Health – Re: Increase in Whooping Cough in Maine and a Reminder to Check Vaccination Status.
- Letter from Dr. Donald Gnecco, Principal of Buxton Center Elementary School – Re: Appreciation for Halloween bags and goodies provided for students at the Elementary School by Tashia Pinkham our Recreation Director, Mike Grovo our Chief of Police, and Bruce Mullen our Chief of Fire & Rescue.
- Review of Projects and Issues
- Old Business
- New Business
- Executive Orders
E.O.111211021 – An order to approve Tashia Pinkham’s attendance at the Northern New England Parks & Recreation Conference.
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O.111211019 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #47.
E.O.111211020 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
- Next Meeting of the Board
Public Hearing for Liquor License Renewal for Kevin & Sundae Fallen, The Roost, Inc., d/b/a Personal Touch Catering, Wednesday, November 30, 2011, at 7:00 p.m., at the Buxton Municipal Building.
Planning Board Meeting Monday, November 28, 2011, at 7:00 p.m.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, November 30, 2011, at 7:00 p.m.
Schedule for Thanksgiving week: Town Office will be open Monday-Wednesday (Nov. 21-23) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There will be no Selectmen's Meeting and no evening hours Wednesday (Nov. 23). The Town Office and Transfer Station will be closed Thursday & Friday (Nov. 24-25). There will be no curbside trash pickup on Thanksgiving Day. Thursday's curbside pickup will be done on Friday (Nov. 25). The Transfer Station will re-open Saturday, November 26th.
There will be a Rabies Vaccination Clinic Saturday, December 3, 2011, from 1-3 PM, at the Buxton Public Works Garage. The cost is $8.00 per Vaccination – Cash only. All dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be in carriers. Please bring the previous Rabies Vaccination Certificate. Flyers are on the counter at the Town Office. For more information call the Buxton Town Office at 929-6171.
- Public Comments and Questions
- Executive Session