Town of Buxton
Agenda for March 6, 2013 Selectmen’s Meeting
Selectmen’s Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes for February 27, 2013.
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:00 PM – Fire-Rescue Chief
6:00 PM – Fred Farnham, Charisse Keach & a resident
6:30 PM – LeeAnn Pratt
6:40 PM – John Myers
- Email from Maine Municipal Association – Re: Public hearings regarding Governor LePage’s proposed elimination of revenue sharing.
- Email from Jan Hill, President of Buxton-Hollis Historical Society – Re: Progress.
- Weekly Legislative Bulletin from Maine Municipal Association.
- Review of Projects and Issues
Personnel Policy – Draft completed and sent to our attorney.
- New Business
- Executive Orders
E.O. 121303003 – An order to approve Beverly Gammon’s attendance at the MWDA Advanced General Assistance Workshop.
E.O. 121303004 – An order to approve 43 hours vacation time for John Myers.
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O. 121303001 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #78.
E.O. 121303002 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant #77.
- Next Meeting of the Board
Planning Board Meeting Monday, March 11, 2013 at 7:00 PM.
Budget Committee Meeting Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at 6:00 PM.
Comprehensive Plan Committee Meeting Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at 6:30 PM in the small conference room at Town Office.
Board of Selectmen Meeting Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at 7:00 PM.
Nomination papers will be available March 18th from the Town Clerk’s Office for the following positions:
- Two – Selectmen, Assessors and Overseers of the Poor for 3 years
- One – Director, Maine School Administrative District No. 6 for 3 years
- Three – Planning Board Members for 3 years
- One – Planning Board Member for 1 year
- Three – Budget Committee Members for 3 years
- One – Budget Committee Member for 1 year
All candidate nomination papers must be filed in the Town Clerk’s Office by 4:30 PM, Monday, April 29, 2013.
Buxton Town Hall Blood Drive Monday, March 18, 2013, 1:00 ~ 6:00 PM. Please come donate blood and receive a coupon for a free lunch pack at Cumberland Farms and a coupon for $5 off your next purchase at Freihofer’s Bakery Outlet.
- Public Comments and Questions
- Executive Session