Town of Buxton
Agenda for April 10, 2013 Selectmen’s Meeting
Public Hearing – 7:00 PM – New Liquor License Application for CHAPS, LLC
Selectmen’s Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes for April 3, 2013.
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
- Review of Correspondence
- Weekly Legislative Bulletin from Maine Municipal Association.
- Press Release from John Myers, Town Clerk.
- Letter from John Sylvester, Chairman Twelve Town Group – Re: April meeting Monday, April 15, 2013 at 6:30 PM in the Waterboro Town Hall.
- Email from the Superintendent – Re: MSAD #6 Board of Directors Meeting Saturday, April 13, 2013, at 9:00 AM at the Central Office Conference Room.
- Review of Projects and Issues
- Old Business
- New Business
- Executive Orders
E.O. 121304010 – An order to approve a Certificate of Settlement for tax year 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
E.O. 121301011 – An order to approve Charisse Keach’s attendance at the Maine Municipal Tax Collectors’ and Treasurers’ Association Annual Conference.
E.O. 121304012 – An order to approve 32 hours of vacation time for Tom Kennie.
E.O. 121304013 – An order to approve an Application for Veteran Exemption for [Map 2, Lot 58C.
E.O. 121301014 – An order to approve an Application for Veteran Exemption for [Map 10, Lot 84B].
E.O. 121304015 – An order to approve an Application for Exemption for Widow, Widower, Minor Child or Widowed Parent of a Veteran for [Map 2, Lot 58-37.
E.O. 121304016 – An order to approve Tom Kennie’s attendance at a Maine DOT & Federal Highway Administration Maintaining Local Bridges Workshop.
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O. 121304008 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #88.
E.O. 121304009 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant #87.
- Next Meeting of the Board
Comprehensive Plan Meeting Thursday, April 11, 2013, at 8:00 PM in the small conference room at Town Hall.
Board of Selectmen Meeting Wednesday, April 17, 2013, at 7:00 PM.
The Board of Selectmen will hold a Public Hearing Wednesday, April 24, 2013, at 7:00 PM on a Liquor License renewal Application for William Ham III, d/b/a Skip’s Lounge, located at 288 Narragansett Trail, Buxton, Maine.
Nomination papers are available from the Town Clerk’s Office for several elected positions: For more information, contact the Town Clerk at 207-929-6171.
All candidate nomination papers must be filed in the Town Clerk’s Office by 4:30 PM on Monday, April 29, 2013.
The Town Office will be closed Monday, April 15, 2013 for Patriot’s Day
The Transfer Station will be closed Tuesday, April 16, 2013, for the holiday.
There will be no change in the curbside trash pick- up schedule.
- Public Comments and Questions
- Executive Session