Town of Buxton
Minutes for October 10, 2007 Selectmen’s Meeting
Prepared by: Dianne Senechal
Members Present: Jean C. Harmon, Clifford L. Emery, Robert C. Libby and Daniel T. Collomy. Linda W. Pulsoni was absent.
Others Present: Dennis Santolucito, Phil Thompson, Olive Collomy and Keith Emery.
Business Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order.
The Meeting was called to order at 7:01 p.m.
2. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes.
Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes October 3, 2007. Approved 4-0-1.
3. Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. – Anne Robishaw – update inventory listing
5:30 p.m. – Fred Farnham – issue regarding Planning Board Secretary and an ordinance
4. Review of Correspondence.
· Email from Joyce Kelley, York County Emergency Management Agency – Re: 2007 Homeland Security Grant Briefing to be held at Saco City Hall 10/18/07 at 7:00 p.m.
· Email from Joyce Kelley, York County Emergency Management Agency – Re: Notice of Meeting on 10/17/07 on Individual Assistance and the Patriot’s Day Storm
5. Review of Projects and Issues.
Selectman Libby is preparing information for the tax agent to review regarding tax questions that have been received.
Selectman Collomy reported that the Board is waiting for the DEP permit to start the Town Garage.
Selectman Harmon stated that she is working on the Special Town Meeting.
6. Old Business.
7. New Business.
8. Executive Orders.
E.O.070810009 – An order to approve an Application for Veteran Exemption for [Map 7, Lot 53B]. Approved 4-0-1.
9. Executive Orders by Initiative.
10. Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants.
E.O.070810007 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #15-08. Approved 4-0-1.
E.O.070810008 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
#15-08. Approved 4-0-1.
11. Next Meeting of the Board.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, October 17, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
12. Other Business.
The Home Health Visiting Nurses will be holding a Flu Shot Clinic at the Buxton Town Hall on Friday, October 26 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
13. Public Comments and Questions.
Keith Emery asked about the Maine State Retirement. Selectman Harmon reported that the information had been received and a spreadsheet will be prepared. Keith also questioned the parking at Town Farm Park.
Dennis Santolucito wanted to know the process that would be used to approve the ordinances. Selectman Collomy stated that all ordinances had to be voted on by secret ballot. Dennis would like religious organizations exempt from the Mass Gathering Ordinance.
Motion made and seconded to adjourn the Meeting at 7:18 p.m. Approved 4-0-1.