Town of Buxton
Minutes for October 17, 2007 Selectmen’s Meeting
Prepared by: Dianne Senechal
Members Present: Jean C. Harmon, Clifford L. Emery, Daniel T. Collomy and Linda W. Pulsoni. Robert C. Libby was absent.
Others Present: Olive Collomy, Dennis Santolucito, Jack Hanna and Dave Harmon.
Business Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order.
The Meeting was called to order at 7:04 p.m.
2. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes.
Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes October 10, 2007. Approved 3-0-2.
3. Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
3 SAD #6 School Board members discussed the new consolidation requirements and the cost savings that must occur.
4. Review of Correspondence.
· Memo from JoAnn Mooney, State Hazard Mitigation Officer – Re: Mitigation Grant Opportunities with deadlines for applications
· Email from Joyce Kelley, York County Emergency Management – Re: Course – Building Design for Homeland Security
· Memo from Suzanne B. Lukas, Superintendent of Schools – Re: Meeting November 1 at York County College regarding School Budget Validation Process
· Memo from Kate Dufour, Maine Municipal Association – Re: Survey gathering information on impact of LD1 on local government
· Email from Geoff Herman, Maine Municipal Association – Re: MMA’s website now contains answers to questions submitted regarding municipal official’s role and responsibilities regarding the school reorganization process
5. Review of Projects and Issues.
Selectman Collomy reported that he is working with the custodian to obtain estimates for the roof of the Town Hall.
Selectman Pulsoni reminded the public that now is the time to clean up around property as the price of junk is high right now.
Selectman Harmon reported that she has been working with the DOT and the speed limit has been reduced on Route 112. The DOT is also working on a concrete slab under the watering trough in West Buxton.
6. Old Business.
7. New Business.
8. Executive Orders.
E.O.070810012 – An order to approve Lary Owen and Tom Kennie’s attendance to a workshop on Personnel Practices. Approved 4-0-1.
9. Executive Orders by Initiative.
10. Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants.
E.O.070810010 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #16-08. Approved 4-0-1.
E.O.070810011 -- An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
#16-08. Approved 4-0-1.
11. Next Meeting of the Board.
Public Hearing Amendments to the General Assistance Ordinance (Appendixes A, B & C)
October 24, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
Public Hearing Victualer License- Hannaford Bros. Co. October 24, 2007 at 7:05 p.m.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 7:10 p.m.
12. Other Business.
The Home Health Visiting Nurses will be holding a Flu Shot Clinic at the Buxton Town Hall on Friday, October 26 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Absentee ballots are now available.
13. Public Comments and Questions.
Dianne Senechal asked the Selectmen if they would consider replacing the old gutter which directs water to the West Buxton watering trough with something that looks nicer. There is money available in the revitalization account. A new sluice was suggested.
Motion made and seconded to adjourn the Meeting at 7:16 p.m.