Town of Buxton
Minutes for September 14, 2011 Selectmen’s Meeting
Prepared by: Beverly Gammon
Members Present: Peter E. W. Burns, Clifford L. Emery, Dianne M. Senechal
Jean C. Harmon and Robert C. Libby were absent.
Others Present: None
Selectmen’s Meeting Agenda
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m.
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
Selectmen Meeting Minutes July 27, 2011. No vote taken.
Selectmen Meeting Minutes September 7, 2011.
Robert C. Libby and Jean C. Harmon are absent.
- Discussion held between 5:00 & 7:00 p.m.
At 5:45 an employee met with the Board to discuss a couple of issues.
At 6:15 the Board interviewed a candidate for the Treasurer position.
- Emails from Jan Hill – Re: Proposed new sign for the E.M.A. building and Tower Wires at Elden Store.
- Email from Kimberly White-Kaiser, Director of York County Emergency Management – Re: Notification of Major Disaster Declaration for the State of Maine. This involves damage from Hurricane Irene.
- Email from Sharon Newell, President of the Buxton Garden Club – Re: Woodland Walk and Jo Whetstone Garden areas.
On September 10th ten members of the Garden Club did a lot of work on the gardens at the Town Office. Mrs. Newell thanked the Transfer Station employees for their help and support.
- Selectman Burns talked about a resident who complained about a brush pile that Central Maine cut up during the storm and left on the side of the road. Selectman Burns talked with a representative from CMP who said they will be out as soon as possible to clean up the brush. Our Public Works crew will not be picking it up. It is Central Maine Power’s responsibility to clean it up.
- Review of Projects and Issues
The Plymovent Exhaust System has been completely installed at the Bar Mills Fire Station. It is now running and training has been completed.
Repairs to the rooms damaged by the faulty air conditioners in the Bar Mills Fire Station have been completed.
The Board is continuing to interview applicants for the Treasurer’s position.
E.O.111209006 – An order to approve 32 hours vacation time for Bruce E. Mullen
E.O.111209007 – An order to approve Tashia Pinkham’s attendance at the Maine Association of Health, PE & Recreation Workshop
E.O.111209008 – An order to approve 14.5 hours vacation time and 9.5 hours personal time for John Myers
E.O.111209009 – An order to approve 12 hours personal time for Fred Farnham
E.O.112109010 – An order to approve the application for a non-transferrable Automobile Graveyard or Junkyard Permit for Long Plains Road LLC (formerly Pine Tree Garage LLC)
E.O.111209011 – An order to approve 4 hours sick time for Susan Myers
- Executive Orders by Initiative
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Warrants
E.O.111209004 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Accounts Payable Warrant #62 and Warrant #28. Approved 3-0-2
E.O.111209005 – An order approving expenditures as documented in Payroll Warrant
#27. Approved 3-0-2
- Next Meeting of the Board
There will be a Special Planning Board Meeting Monday, September 19, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. to discuss amendments to the Town Zoning Ordinance.
Selectmen’s Meeting Wednesday, September 21, 2011, at 7:00 p.m.
There will be a Twelve Town Group Meeting Monday, September 19, 2011, at the Waterboro Town Hall at 6:30 p.m.
The Planning Board will hold a Public Hearing Monday, September 26, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. This is regarding an application for a Conditional Use permit for Animal Husbandry.
Reminder: The Transfer Station will waive fees for brush during the month of September to help residents cleaning up from the hurricane.
Hazardous Waste Day Saturday, October 1, 2011, 10AM to 2 PM. You must provide proof of residency. Additional information is posted on the Town Web Site. If you have questions, please contact Greg Heffernan, Director of Solid Waste, at 929-3913.
A representative from Senator Olympia Snowe’s office will be at the Buxton Town Office Tuesday, September 20, 2011, from 9:00-10:00 a.m. to take Legislative comments from the public.
Selectmen Emery talked about attending the D.O.T Public Hearing in Hollis regarding the bridges on Route 4A. He said they reported finding no safety issues with either bridge and said there will be no money available until 2013.
- Public Comments and Questions
Motion made and seconded to adjourn the Meeting at 7:18 p.m.