CAREER FIREFIGHTER/EMT JOB POSTING
TOWN OF BUXTON, MAINE
The Town of Buxton is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/EMT-B (AEMT or Paramedic preferred) for its Fire-Rescue Department; there is currently one open position. An active eligibility list will be kept for 6-months following this recruitment process.
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Three letters of professional reference
- Buxton Fire-Rescue Application
- High School Diploma and applicable continuing education degrees/certificates
- Must hold and maintain a valid State of Maine Class C Driver’s license
- AVOC/EVOC & NFPA Firefighter I & II (Maine standard or equivalent)
- Current Maine EMS License
- National Incident Management System IS 100, 200 & 700
- Post job offer, the candidate must complete a pre-employment physical, including drug test, and associated NFPA 1500 components
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check and license check
- Must have the ability to work fixed and rotating shifts.
Applications are available on the department’s website, or candidates may contact the Chief’s Office at (207) 929-3099 x 101 to obtain an application package. Completed application packages must be received at the Fire-Rescue Chief’s Office (174 Portland Road, Buxton Maine 04093) no later than September 27, 2021, at 8:00 AM; electronic application packages should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Town of Buxton is an equal employment employer and reserves the right to leave positions open until a qualified candidate has been found.