Do I have to notify the police about a motor vehicle crash I had?

The operator of a vehicle involved in a collision resulting in injury, death, or apparent combined damage of $1,000 or more on a public way (includes damage to all vehicles and property) is required to notify the police department of the town/city in which the collision occurred immediately by the quickest means of communication.